Larger sized replacement Breast shell for use with all ARDO pumps
When it comes to breast shells for expressing breastmilk, one size does certainly not fit all. At Ardo, we cannot stress enough how important it is to make sure you have the correct size breast shell for you, your nipples, and your breast pump, to ensure you are getting the most productive milk flow.
The correct breast shell is critical for successful expression – with the right breast shell…
- the nipple fills most of the funnel and can still move freely inside the funnel.
- the nipple tracks the rhythmic movements of the pump.
- there is very little areola tissue inside the funnel.
- the milk flows and the breast feels soft all over after expressing
Breast shell is too big if:
- Too much areola is sucked into the funnel
- Air gaps occur between the shell and chest
- Pumping is uncomfortable.
Breast shell is too small if:
- the nipple rubs against the wall of the funnel
- Pumping is unpleasant even in a low vacuum
- The milk flows slowly and you express less milk than expected.
The best way to determine which size is to download the sizing guide and measure your nipple (excluding the areola), to the widest part. This is the breast shell you should try in terms of the diameter – the circle on the breast shells is where your nipple will enter.
All Ardo Breastshells –
Breast shells: 26 mm, 31 mm, 36 mm
Breast shell inserts: 18 mm & 22 mm soft silicone (combined with breast shell 26 mm); 28 mm (combined with breast shell 31 mm)
Optiflow massage insert: 26 mm (combined with breast shell 31 mm)